Gluten-Free Oyster Stew---
Classic oyster stew is wonderfully unsophisticated. This dish is one passed from generation to generation.....but it seems everyone wants to "gussy up" this perfectly simple dish. There is nothing more delicious than shucked oysters in season. With only a handful of ingredients, oyster stew is easily done in less than 30 minutes.
Let's make some gluten-free oyster stew!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 gallon whole milk
- 1 quart fresh shucked oysters, undrained
- 1 tbsp. celery salt
- Old Bay Seasoning to taste
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add onions. Saute until onions are transparent.
- Add oysters. Cook in butter until the oysters begin to curl at the ends.
- Add salt, pepper, celery salt, and Old Bay to mixture.
- Pour half-and-half and milk. Cook on medium/high heat until stew begins to boil. Remove from heat and serve.
We have gluten-free oyster stew!