Gluten-Free Salmon Cakes---
Fishcakes are great to eat, cheap to make, and amazingly all the ingredients can all be found in your pantry.This recipe comes from a time when money was an issue, and it was necessary to feed a large family as economically as possible. This recipe uses canned salmon and tastes as delicious as fresh salmon. It is a great "go to" meal, it uses salmon, onion, potato, and egg.
Let's make some salmon fishcakes!
- 4--14 oz. cans Pink Salmon, drained
- 5 lb. bag red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 vidalia onions, diced
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups gluten free all purpose flour (we used gluten-free Bisquick)
- 2 cups oil
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- In a large pot, add potatoes and onions and bring to a boil until potatoes are cooked and tender. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, add drained canned salmon (make sure to pick out any bones), eggs, potatoes and onions mixture, flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything until it's combined really well.
- Form hand size patties (about 4 oz.), and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil to medium to high heat. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes on one side, flip and cook the other side about the same, until golden brown.
We have gluten-free salmon cakes!