Rice Pudding (Gluten-Free, Dairy Free)---
The ultimate in comfort foods, rice pudding is a family tradition, and has been for decades. The tradition is fabulous, but for those of us with food sensitivities, sometimes it can be difficult. This rice pudding is gluten free and dairy free...and so creamy good. This is another dish wonderful for the holidays.
Let's make some Gluten-Free, Dairy Free Rice Pudding!
- 7 eggs, well beaten
- 5 cups Almond Milk (we like original unsweetened)
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup butter substitute, melted (we like Earth Balance)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- In a large mixing bowl or the large saucepan, add beaten eggs to cold Almond milk. Mix well.
- Add rice, sugar, and cornstarch to egg/milk mixture. Mix thoroughly until cornstarch is completely combined.
- Add melted butter substitute and vanilla. Combine well.
- On medium to high, cook in a large saucepan until pudding begins to bubble, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir pudding to keep it from sticking until pudding thickens.
We have gluten-free, dairy free rice pudding! Let cool before serving. Garnish with nutmeg.